Eminem has some kind of a sense of humour. He does. But I’m not sure it stretches to having a man’s meat and two veg in his face on national tv. Or maybe it does. The man never smiles anyway, so it can be hard to tell.
Anyway the video above shows what happened to Em at the MTV Movie Awards, and whilst he doesn’t look overly impressed in this clip, rumours are emerging that this HAS to have been pre-planned cos there’s no way they could’ve done this to him without him knowing. So his reaction of disgust is down to his acting skills? Hmmmm.
Even better is the rumour that they apparantly wanted to have it happen to Paris Hilton but she said no. I guess Doug’s are enough for her. Paris is of the opinion that Em was genuinely shocked, and she seems to have some inside info:
“I don’t think he [Eminem] knew, because I talked to someone who was running the show before and he said a big surprise was gonna happen and the person didn’t know it was gonna happen,”
She goes on to say that the whole thing was “very odd“. Well I hope so, otherwise it was an insight into Eminem’s life that I don’t think anyone was ready for.
I mean, come on now. Is this any way for a married woman to be dressed? What? She’s not? Then what was that show all about??
Sometimes things happen that shouldn’t that are funny and we can all laugh. But then sometimes things like this happen. Craig David’s first album Born To Do It has come second in an MTV poll to find the greatest album of all time. Thriller obviously came in first but the shock of Craig David appearing anywhere on the list let alone second is just too much.
Craig got 12% of the vote, beating Joshua Tree, OK Computer and Nevermind in the poll. He also beat albums from Notorious B.I.G, Kanye West and Jay Z. Sacrilage.!
Whilst Trevor Nelson has good things to say about Craig, saying he’s done what no other UK R n’ B artist has done, Zane Lowe is less than complimentary but still manages to be polite about the whole debacle.
Anyways, here’s the list in full. Is your favourite on there? After the Craig David result, probably not.
1. Michael Jackson – Thriller
2. Craig David – Born To Do IT
3. Guns ‘N’ Roses – Appetite For Destruction
4. Radiohead – OK Computer
5. Nirvana – Nevermind
6. Oasis – (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?
7. Oasis – Definitely Maybe
8. U2 – The Joshua Tree
9. Arctic Monkeys – Whatever People say I Am, That’s What I’m Not
10. Amy Winehouse – Back to Black
11. The Strokes – Is This It?
12. Kanye West – The College Drop Out
13. The Stone Roses – The Stone Roses
14. Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP
15. The Smiths – The Queen Is Dead
16. Rage Against The Machine – Rage Against The Machine
17. Prince; The Revolution – Purple Rain
18. REM – Automatic For The People
19. Usher – 8701
20. Pixies – Doolittle
21. The Notorious B.I.G – Ready To Die
22. Lauryn Hill – The Mis-education of Lauryn Hill
23. Human League – Dare
24. Jay-Z – Blueprint
25. Dizzee Rascal – Boy In Da Corner
26. Mary J Blige – What’s the 411? **
** What the fuck? No. Just no.
Ever wondered what might happen if someone gave Ashton Kutcher even more money to waste on an initially fun but quickly redundant MTV series? No? How about if someone took the scripts for The Game, Phone Booth and Eagle Eye and put them all in a blender and then made an MTV show out of the puree?
Exec produced by Justin Timberlake (it’s not clear if he’s actually in the show or not) and featuring the gravelly scary voice of fellow Irish man and WeDoFunny close friend Emmett J Scanlan, this show looks like an explosive prospect and potentially schizophrenia inducing for the poor civilans involved. But would 50k be enough for you to get on the outside of the Space Needle? In this fearless reporters opinion, no. But at the very least, you’re getting outside and not wasting your time watching The Hills……
This is the just released trailer for Season 5 Season 4 flogging a dead horse “Bonus Episodes”, and by golly, are they drenched in dramatics.
Aside from the reunion of Heidi and Lauren, Spencer going ape-shit on some randomer who doesn’t condone infidelity (“Nah it’s real Dawg, you just gah in mah bizness”), the rekindling bromance of Spencer and Brody, not to mention Defcon 1 that is Spencer and Heidi, I just have two things to say.
Firstly, that skanky flirt bargirl? “You just have to pour sugar on my all day.” WTF does that even mean? Anyone? I’m assuming she doesn’t mean it literally, or she would be one sticky skank, but if she doesn’t mean it literally, I can’t imagine what she meant figurativelly. Any ideas? All I can come up with is either cocaine or something much, much dirtier.
And secondly, the mystic tarot-card reader at the start. If I were Lauren, I would be freaking out that she got most of my life almost spot on. No, wait, let me re-phrase that. If I were Lauren, I would be freaking out that she got most of my life almost spot on…… If it wasn’t for the fact that these life details she read can be read in just about any gossip magazine the world over, not to mention the fact that they’re on constant repeat on MTV One and MTV-R.
Its the equivalent of Britney going to see her and being told “Ooooh…… You have had a hard life. You used to be loved by everyone, and then you had some difficult times, but then you had a comeback and everyone loved you again, but then everyone realised you actually weren’t all that great to begin with……”
Remember when Kanye West used to say and do controversial things? Remember the buzz surrounding the “Jesus Walks” video? Or how about when he said “George Bush doesn’t like black people” on live tv in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina? Things like this were controversial, in an interesting way.
Lately, as we’ve been following here at We Do Funny, Kanye’s vision of controversy seems to have changed somewhat. It seems like Kanye wants to creat hype and attention surrounding ANYTHING he sees/reads/hears/wears, mainly via his BLOG!!!!!!. Take this photo for example:
This photo of Kanye and the Louis Vuitton Village People was taken during Paris fashion week. Kanye looks kinda depressed to show up and be the one wearing the least colour. Especially since he seems well capable of bigging up some seriously bright crap on his blog.
Anywhooo, when asked by Sway from MTV to explain the picture Kanye went into backtrack mode:
I’m gonna tell you something about the Paris pic. They was like, some of the people dressed in the outfits, I didn’t check out everybody’s outfit that hopped in the picture with me — I can’t be completely responsible. You go right into my outfit, my outfit is good.
Really? So after trying the distancing defensive approach, Kanye goes on the offensive and decides that the colours in the photo represent a rainbow. And who owns the rainbow? Why the gays of course! (and the Care Bears maybe. Or My Little Pony). He goes on the whole “MAN EVERYONE IS SO LAAAME NOT LIKE THE FASHION CONSCIOUS GAYS, THEY GOTS DA RAINBOW!!!” buzz, trying to be “controversial” and “interesting” but just in reality just being “a douche“.
“Man I think as straight men we need to take the rainbow back because it’s fresh.” It looks fresh. I just think that because stereotypically gay people got such good like style that they were smart enough to take a fresh-ass logo like the rainbow and say that it’s gonna be theirs. But I was like “Man I think we need to have the rainbow” — the idea of colors , life and colors and stuff, I mean how is that a gay thing? Colors? Having a lot of colors is gay?
I wonder if he feels as stongly about the loss of the leopard print leggings/cowboy boots combo too.
Another Hills Spin-off!!!
Ok I can appreciate Brody Jenner for reasons like this:
But now not content with acquiring himself a playmate girlfriend (in your face LC!) and possibly being the Hills star with the most kick-ass house, he has also landed himself his own pointless spin off show called “Bromance.” Basically it’s a show where Frankie and Brody find a new “homeboy” for their “posse”. DUDE! And while it is an entirely pointless concept seeing as Brody & co could pick up any new friend they wanted, it’s all about the MTV benjamins. SO besides the homo-friendly title (which I’m sure was decided before Brody was stripped of his single status) we can expect a testosterone overload where the guys whittle the contestents down from 9 to 1 “lucky” winner through a variety of tasks.
But if you think that this sounds like the last thing you would EVER watch, just remember it could be worse. They could give Lo a spin-off.
Trust us when we say we love the thought that The Hills is based on real life stuff and that nobody is acting, but the evidence is too heavily stacked against us……
– Have no semblance of a normal day routine, despite having a job.
– Work in offices but wear whatever the hell you want cos you live in the hills.
– Allow the sun to be a natural cosmetic product, providing you with tan and bleach for facial hair (yes Lauren, this means you)
– Have lunch any time of the day with your equally unburdened friends
– Have parents who are the reasons why you live in the house you live in but never mention them
– Never mention your siblings but when they show up on your doorstep only allow them one episode of looking normal until you make them over with a make up gun and hairdresser army
– Have brunette and immediately be “the different one”
– Fit getting plastic surgery perfectly and seamlessly into your new life
– Never mention the ever changing facade of your friends face cos you live in the hills
– Never appear to cook in your own house
– Never have a dirty house, that’s cos in the hills there is no mud or leaves or homeless people or post-Saturday night kebab vomit to dirty up your nice designer shoes and hence dirty up your designer abode
– All your friends have names like Chase and Wade and Colt and Summer and Rori (who will be a girl).
– It never rains. except if your having a negative emotions montage day.
– Travelling any further than 10 feet requires a new bmw.
– Everyone is heterosexual.
– Everyone is caucasian.
– People you’ve met today can actually be your bff 2 weeks from now.
– Full time studying is seen as something of a waste of time.
– Nobody pays for anything. people just seem to eat/drink and then leave.
– Our one friend who we have a secret crush on and they have one on us will make us cry once per season. I mean, year.
– A stolen kiss which lasts for point five of a second is a life altering event.
Manage to go into college the minimal amount and seemingly just sail through every module, perhaps with the aid of a hired lacky.
– Have “childhood friends” who you only befriended the last year of school because you’re so fickle and your BFF’s keep being mean to you Never blame yourself for this repeatedly happeneing to you.
– Manage to never mention the fact that times that you’re not struggling to get by in college/work, you’re at a movie premier or the launch of your own fashion line.
– Manage to never mention the fact that while you’ve broken up with your boyf and moved to Crested Butte, your boyf is still in fact your manager and you are in constant contact with him planning the release of a terrible single.
– Manage to never mention the fact that when you’re not working at a record company you’re actually inflating your boobs and starring in an inevitably bad follow up to Into The Blue